- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Florida Institute of Technology, M.S. Contract Administration and Management
- American University, M.S. Finance
- Virginia Commonwealth University, B.S. Business Administration and Management
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- ABA, Public Contract Law Section
In addition, Ms. Reed has extensive experience with organizational conflicts of interest, regulatory compliance, investigations and mandatory disclosures. She is experienced and skilled in negotiating both international and domestic contracts including subcontracts, teaming agreements, intellectual property licenses, agent agreements, and proprietary information agreements for numerous million- and billion-dollar programs. Ms. Reed has worked for several large defense contractors and as outside counsel to small, medium and large contractors, including commercial contractors.
Ms. Reed lectures on technology transfer as it relates to Cooperative Agreements and CRADAs. She has also lectured on Changes and Terminations; Applicability of FAR and DFARS; and the Truth in Negotiations Act.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Reed worked as a Business Finance Manager at a major defense contractor and as a Contracts Manager at several defense contractors. She also worked under a contract with the FAA to provide contracts management support.
- Prepared claims totaling in excess of $2B to a Department of Defense Agency.
- Filed suit for a small business at the ASBCA related to a commercial termination for convenience under FAR Part 12.
- Negotiated a teaming agreement and license for a top 10 defense contractor with an Italian company.
- Supported, coordinated and participated in Inspector General and Department of Justice investigations.
- Investigated, drafted and coordinated the submission of mandatory disclosures.
- Drafted portions of, and coordinated with outside counsel regarding preparation of an ASBCA complaint appealing a $756 million adverse contracting officer decision related to a USG contract in Afghanistan.
- Representing a foreign affiliate, settled two multimillion dollar supplier claims in her client’s favor, one prior to the start of litigation.
- Negotiated a number of transportation agreements with both sea and air carriers.
- Revised all standard agreements for the line of business, drafted alternate clauses, and addressed the impacts for any deviations of standard terms and conditions.
- Developed and drafted employee policies related to compliance.
- Conducted labor and employment, ethics, contracts and supply chain investigations.